Duty of Care Training
Package Price (incl. VAT)£12.95
Duty of Care (Including Duty of Candour)
This course covers the third of fifteen standards of the Care Certificate, concerning 'Duty of Care'. It will provide knowledge on how your duty of care contributes to safe practice, optional support, dealing with complaints and comments, dealing with incidents, and dealing with confrontation and difficult subjects.
The full list of topics is below:
1. Defining "Duty of Care"
2. How your Duty of Care may affect your Work Role
3. Your Duty of Care and an Individual's Rights
4. Duty of Candour
5. Dilemmas and Conflicts
6. Additional Support
7. Responding to Complaints and Comments
8. Advice and Support Regarding Complaints and Comments
9. The Importance of Learning from Complaints and Comments
10. Recognising Adverse Events, Incidents, Errors and Near Misses
11. What You Must Do or Must Not Do
12. Legislation and Agreed Ways of Working
13. Factors and Situations That Can Cause Confrontation
15. Assessing Risk
16. Accessing Support Around Conflict
17. Agreed Ways of Working
These correspond to the standards and outcomes listed in Standard 3 of the Care Certificate.
This course also covers Duty of Candour, including what to do in the event of an incident, how to apologise, and how to follow your organisational procedures.
This course is accompanied by Audio
© 2012 Interactive Healthcare Training Ltd.
Any copying in whole or in part of the text of this training programme is strictly prohibited. Moral rights of the author under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 are asserted.